The PADI Underwater Naturalist Course with NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS
Look closer to see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment.
The Fun Part
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
What You Learn
- The major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths.
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
You put this information into practice during your two open water dives.
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS.
Your Next Adventure
If you are interested in becoming an underwater conservationist or documenting what you encounter, you’ll also enjoy these specialty courses: PADI National Geographic Diver, AWARE Fish Identification, Coral Reef Conservation, Project AWARE Specialist, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Digital Underwater Photography, Underwater Videographer.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS Team members.
- Contact us to take the Underwater Naturalist Diver course
- Ask a Scuba Expert Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- View the Most Popular PADI Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)