The PADI Underwater Navigator Course with NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS
Be the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary with the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course.
The Fun Part
Finding your way is not a matter of luck! When everyone’s buzzing about a reef or checking out a shipwreck, they’re having a great time – until it’s time to go. Then they turn to you, because as a PADI Underwater Navigator, you know the way back to the boat.
What You Learn
Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
For all your learning materials and equipment, contact NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS.
Your Next Adventure
Underwater navigation is an important skill no matter what type of scuba diving you’re doing. It’s especially useful when night diving, wreck diving or when you’re searching to recover a lost item underwater.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the NORTH AMERICAN DIVERS Team members.
- Contact us to take the Underwater Navigator Diver course
- Ask a Scuba Expert Learn about the Specialty of the Month
- View the Most Popular PADI Specialty Courses
- Take the Master Scuba Diver Challenge
- Download a scuba medical questionnaire (PDF)